Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Ghost Shade

I have been struggling with the light that goes to our downstairs.  It is silver and it had the traditional boob glass with like white powder swirls in it.  I can't like it.  That by the way is what my son Noah who is almost three always says when he doesn't like something.  This is what it looked like.
I then just finally couldn't stand looking at it anymore so I removed the glass shades and added an Edison light bulb because I love those so much.

I wasn't sure what to do.  That light was such a pain to hang and I just wanted to update it a little bit.  This morning I decided to check out Goodwill to see if there was anything there I could use to make it look better.  I didn't see anything till I was about to leave the store.  They had these black rod iron style planters that I thought would work out perfect.  I want to be able to see the light bulb, just don't like the look of having nothing.  So of course I jumped right in on the makeover when I got home and forgot to take a proper before, but this is what was in the planter.
 You get the idea.  Tons of people out there have been making these shades.  The nice thing about this shade is that it isn't actually rod iron, it is like a hard rubber that we were able to bend to attach to the existing light.  This is what it looks like now all hung.

It looks pretty cool.
I got some other treats there too, but saving for another day.  Love Goodwill....
UPDATE:
I decided to add some crystals to the corners of the light.  It looks a lot better.  
UPDATE Part 2:


I decided to spray paint the planters silver.  The black just didn't match the main part of the light.  I think this is it for this light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let Me Know What You Think