Wednesday, June 13, 2012

DIY Glam Lamp

Good morning everyone!  I am so sorry that I didn't post yesterday.  The projects we are working on were not ready.  I do have my glam lamp ready for reveal.  I purchased her at Goodwill for $4.99.  It was half painted pink, and the other was brass.  I fell in love instantly!  I had never thought of doing a half paint job... Brilliant!!!!!  I knew I wanted to paint the other half white.  I wanted it to have a black drum shade, but after stealing the white shade from my bedroom I love that too!  Here are some before and afters.
I used some Brasso to shine up the brass.
Taped off the brass area, and used some glossy white spray paint.
Three coats later..... Beauty Mate!



10 comments:

  1. I wouldn't have thought to paint a lamp in half vertically either, but it looks awesome! Great job on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so great! The combination of white and brass is surpricingly outstanding. According to my opinion, the white shade makes it look more expensive and glamour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love the idea of painting half of it. So clever. And your choice for white is perfect alongside the brass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. More Info c3j21m1y04 best replica bags online best replica ysl bags company website k3s73g6c09 louis vuitton fake zeal replica bags reviews q1m34e5p90 replica chanel bags ebay replica hermes handbags h6m50q4l40 replica bags forum

    ReplyDelete

Let Me Know What You Think