Friday, May 25, 2012

Porch Work

I know these posts are pretty lame, but it's all part of the process of having a fabulous new space around here.  
We stained around the windows, and below the windows, after a grueling sanding process.  Here is a little before and after showing the difference without and with the stain.




This is the before.  It is hard to tell, but the sun and elements weathered the chiz out of these. 

This after looks nice, but it is actually not as dark as this looks.  The big item under the window is a heater and air conditioner.  The air conditioner is not working.... yet.... it will be soon.  Tom is so handy with appliance repair.  I never told you guys this, but Tom fixed our dryer.  Tom literally tore it apart, and I mean tore it apart.  He put a new motor in it and a fuse.   It saved us a ton of money.  I bet he will fix this up like nothing.
I also needed to get the hot water heat registers painted for the room.  I just primed them today, they will look a lot nicer with the white fresh paint.

The carpet will be installed a week from today.  We pretty much just have the wall to paint and add some trim around the window.  I hope you all have a good weekend.  I wanna go to few garage sales in the morning.  This room is going to need a TV stand, so I will be looking for something cool.  Keep you fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let Me Know What You Think