Monday, November 22, 2010

Not Your Grandmothers Coo Coo Clock

I had purchased these birds from Target awhile ago because I thought they would look cool, but I ended up not liking them.  I was going to return them when I thought it would be cool to use them on a clock.  I was going to put twelve of them on a circle form, and I was also going to paint the birds all different colors.  I was at the Goodwill literally like the next day and happened upon a lazy Susan for $7.00, thought that would be a great base for the clock.

So then I decided to spray paint the birds different colors, then hated it.

I primed my lazy Susan, and took the spinney part off the back.

I ended up taking a break from this project for a few weeks, because I couldn't decide what to do with it. (Lazy Heather)  A couple days ago I made a decision to paint it gray with some branches in white and yellow, and add only four birds.  I took the guts out of my old clock, and Tom drilled a hole for it.  We also added some wire to hang it. Here it is before the hands of the clock were put on. 

And this is the finished project.  I think it's pretty cool!


Time flys!





1 comment:

  1. Your clock looks amazing! I love the little birds in black. You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete

Let Me Know What You Think