Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I made a cloche and I liked it

I have given in to the mighty blogashpere and made a cloche. This is my spin on it. I spray painted in black, (of course, like I know of any other color) and then I hammered in little silver tacks which seems to be another new obsession of mine. The little finishing hammer I used by the way was picked up at Toms favorite garage sale of all time. The garage sale was all tools, Toms favorite thing. The little hammer worked perfect for this project.  After I hammered in the tacks I glued the candle holder to the bottom of the wooden round part. Then for the best part, cookies. I like the way it turned out.

8 comments:

  1. great job! I gave in recently also. I bought 2 but really haven't found the right components yet.
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thank you SO much for stopping by my blog! I love new visitors!

    Wow, a garage sale of nothing but tools? I have to admit, I'm pretty jealous. I honestly never thought I'd see the day where my Christmas list would contain the word "jigsaw" and not be followed by "puzzle", but then I bought a house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your nice comment on my blog. I just bought a cloche a few weeks ago. I love to see what others have done with. This is a great idea! I also liked your hall of fame...I am a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting my blog! Cute cloche! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just wanted to say thanks for commenting on my bathroom makeover on my blog. I haven't succumbed to making a cloche... yet, but I feel that it might be a project I undertake in the near future!

    ReplyDelete

Let Me Know What You Think