Thursday, August 19, 2010

A New Outlook

I have been working on my copycat tree art to put above my couch, it's coming along nicely.  We are looking for the perfect branches right now.  I want to put one of the branches on the wall  from the tree that fell on our house a month ago. 
     One thing I did yesterday which is not a true makeover, but feels like one was washing my windows inside and out.  It is amazing what a difference that can make.  Tom put up my curtain pull backs the other night, and I didn't realize how big the front window is.  The world looks like a new place with clean windows.
I literally can not put anything on the window right now, or my end tables due to my 13 month old.  I don't know how everyone else does it. 
I have a little baby proofing tips for all you moms with little ones.  If you have a fireplace and worry about them cracking their head open on it, and you haven't been able to find a helmet for them to wear try this.

This is pipe insulation, and works great.  We used masking tape to keep it up, we didn't trust anything else to stick to the marble.  It is cheaper than the stuff made for child proofing.

1 comment:

  1. Great idea. I will have to tell my daughter about that for my new grandbaby.

    Thanks for visiting me over at Pittypat Paperie and leaving a nice comment. Drop by again anytime.

    ReplyDelete

Let Me Know What You Think