Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Turquoise Desk Makeover











Here is a desk Tom had hidden up in our garage. I had the need to paint something turquiose badly and he gave me the ok. I love the way it turned out. I first sanded with my mouse sander, then used cheese cloth to wipe it down. I primed it with some left over primer we had. Tom and I then went to his favorite store Lowes and picked out the perfect turquiose color. We live in Vermont and go to Florida every winter, when we look at this we think of Flo-rida! My plan was to put it in the dining room to keep the mail on, because our dining room table was becoming a dumping ground for mail. We have since discoverd our new love for playing records, yes records, so we have a record player on it for now. We are starting to get quite a collection. From Led Zepplin, Eagles, The Carrs, Madonna, Cyndi Lauper, Duran Duran, to my latest that is coming soon via ebay LADY GAGA. We will be getting a record cabinet soon that will be painted black and adorned with silver tacks along the edge. Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!












No comments:

Post a Comment

Let Me Know What You Think