Saturday, March 31, 2012

Mudroom Update

Well I have been working on the mudroom.  I painted the stripes which I showed you, but I didn't plan on painting the actual inside of the closet.  I do believe I was just being lazy.  Those stripes were not fun to do, but Tom came home from Lowe's with all the new white trim and was like, " you need to finish it up."  I agreed, but didn't want to do it.  I finished it up this morning though, and was off to get accessories.  I wanted to put some storage cubes in there to store shoes, and have a place to sit.  I searched everywhere today, and you should know we don't have a Target or Ikea in Vermont.  I finally found two cubes at Christmas Tree Shops.  I wanted two the same color, of course they didn't have two the same.  They had a black one and hot pink faux crocodile skin one.  I loved it.  So I got the black and the pink.  I also got a shoe holder at Bed, Bath, and Beyond.  The room still needs the white trim, black cornice box, and white shade.  We did put the floor down, and it really brightens the room up.  The chandelier I used to have didn't work out electrically, so I got a new one from Lowe's that I love.  Here are the pics.
The peel and stick floor worked out great, remember this?

Umm Yeah, I know.  Faux brick nightmare.

Here is the new chandy.  I love it.  I couldn't take a pic with the light on. Don't forget we are putting up new trim, so all the brown will be white, window decor will be black, with white shade.

The pink one of course is mine.  I love that I can throw something so bright and pink in the mix, and it works. 

So that is how it is now.  It will get much better. Oh and the other thing I know I should do, but don't want is painting that radiator.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let Me Know What You Think