Thursday, February 23, 2012

Bejeweled Backsplash, Paint, and Light

We are still in the process of our fabulous kitchen makeover.  I haven't posted in a little while due to being a Mom of three, and working on the kitchen.  Here are some pics of the process.

This is a picture of the new soffit. It is all sheet rocked and taped.  What a freaking mess.  I knew it would be, but you are never prepared for the dust storm.

I think Tom and I stood back and looked at the new tile and imagined what they would like for a good few hours.

The walls and soffit got painted in a semi gloss "chefs white" paint, how appropriate.  We, by that I mean Tom installed our spot lights.  We will be putting up glass shelves, so we want a lot of light shining on them.  Hmmm it's going to be so pretty.

BOOM! Tom installed the first row of tile.  It was so exciting.

Then the back splash for the stove hood was installed.  It is so sparkly like a piece of fine jewelery.  When I say it looks good, I mean it looks so AWESOME!  We have done much more since then, but I don't want to give it all up right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let Me Know What You Think