Monday, January 14, 2013

Hallway Chair Rail

It seems as though the New Year has given me a burst of energy.  I can't say how long this will last, but I am going to take advantage of it.  I had painted my living room white this past summer, but never finished the painting into the hallway. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do and also didn't want to deal with painting the Hall of Fame.  The thought of taking all those pictures down and rehanging them seemed insurmountable   I knew it had to be done though so I did it.  Here are the results, and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.


Before




 It was a cocoa brown wall color.




With the kids finger prints all over the wall, and the paint being nearly four years old it was time for a change.
We decided to add a chair rail, and paint the lower half gray like the dining room.  It all seems to flow so much better, and the wall looks more like a gallery now.  

After







It looks so much better now!  We are off to our next project. I will reveal that hopefully in a couple weeks.  It is going to be a huge change for us, and can't wait to show it.  I am loving this burst of energy we are  having right now.  Did you get a New Years burst of energy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let Me Know What You Think