Saturday, December 21, 2013

Cotton Ball Snow

I asked my Mom if I could have the manger my Grandpa made her decades ago.  My Mom hasn't used it in a long, long time so she said sure.  I didn't want to take her nativity scene people because I have little ones and worried they would get lost or broke.  I stopped by Goodwill hoping for a Christmas miracle that they would have some and they did (score) and they are unbreakable.  I had to fix the manger up a little with new cotton balls.  I had quite a few left over from that so I made some cotton ball snow hanging from the window.  I love how it turned out.  I just used fish wire and a needle to string it.  I had to tie a knot around each cotton ball so they didn't slide down.  I also put some battery operated lights inside the manger to make it visible in the dark.  Here are some pics.  I took quite a few because I love it so much.







Oh yes I did get the Stockholm rug from Ikea.  It was love at first site.  I will post more on that later.  I am going to try and get better about posting for the new year, no promises though.  Our daughter was diagnosed with Autism this summer, so I have people here everyday working with her.  I don't have the time I used to, but I think helping my daughter right now is more important.  She is making huge improvements by the way.

1 comment:

Let Me Know What You Think